Monday, September 6, 2010

Heres my first stab at a blog. Its such a strange word I feel, for something that I assume is/will be very intimate, almost soul bearing. Unlike a social networking site with rules and bounderies & buttons to judge if you like, this poses to me the freedom for sharing my creative ideas, artwork, photography,a random rant or maybe a fantastic recipe for a rainy night.

 Pieces of You. That will be my title.
Because you've made me. You were the one that taught me, you loved me, you hurt me, you shared with me, you broke me, you lifted me, you gifted me, you left me, you cared for me. All the many people who have come in & out of my life have left me with a piece that shaped, morphed me into the person at this moment who is writing this. I will change. I will be different, perhaps only slightly, tomorrow, for whatever pieces I'm given by then. Not to mention It was the album title of the very first CD I ever bought. Pieces of You. Seems fitting.

So, like I do with all relationships, I'll step in slowly, almost tiptoe with this. When it doesn't feel like the floor will fall through leaving me shattered with all my many pieces to pick up, I'll run in & I'll jump wildly on the bed, shaking out my hair, plop down to reveal to you all my pretty, shiny, pieces. My sharp & daggared bloody ones. The vintage muted colored pieces I hold close to, & maybe, MAYBE the rare jewel toned ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Welcome to the blog world where you post your deepest mostest and want others to read them and "follow."

    ReplyDelete